Find this famous Pecan Pie from longtime Pastry Chef Catherine Rodriguez at both Olivette and The Manor House on The Houstonian property! Made with a homemade buttery flaky crust, real maple syrup, bourbon and Texas pecans.
12 oz all-purpose flour
8 oz cold butter
5 oz ice water
¾ tsp salt
Pecan Pie Filling:
5 oz granulated sugar
4 oz light brown sugar
6 oz maple syrup
1 oz Bourbon
3 oz butter
¾ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp vanilla
4 cups pecan halves
- For the Flaky Dough:
- Cut butter into flour and salt with paddle attachment.
- As soon as butter is cut into small pieces, the size of small peas, add water.
- Mix dough until it comes together. Do not over mix.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1½ hours.
- Roll dough out to 1/8” thickness.
- Form dough into 9” pie pan.
- Chill shell for 1 hour.
- Line pie shell with parchment and use pie weights to weight the shell down.
- Bake at 350° until golden brown.
- For the Pecan Pie Filling:
- Heat up sugar, maple syrup, bourbon, butter and salt stirring occasionally.
- After butter has melted, boil for 1 minute.
- Let mixture cool.
- Add vanilla and temper eggs with mixture.
- Place 4 cups of pecan halves at the bottom of tart shell.
- Fill pie filling to top of shell.
- Bake at 325˚F until pie is set and slightly souffled.